The Russian higher medical Universities & Engineering Universities are some of the best in the world. Russia has always been ahead in the field of education and more specifically medicine, engineering and other fields. Studying in Russia is easy, cheap, and flexible. It’s also an inexpensive way for travellers to engage in the cultural life of Russia’s cities.
Russia has a long-standing tradition in high-quality education for all citizens. It probably has also one of the best education systems in the world producing a literacy rate of 98%.
There are 609 state and 206 private accredited higher education institutions in Russia; the Ministry of Education finances 315 of them (state). Other Ministries or the local authorities finance the rest of the programmes.
Higher education system
Russia’s participation in creating the Joint European Area of Higher Education facilitates the mutual recognition of the Russian degrees in the Europe and vice versa. Russia’s adherence to the Bologna process has facilitated the recognition of the Russian degrees all over the world via the legalization of the degrees.
State and private accredited institutions (universitites, academies, institutes, etc) provide higher education study programmes. Education in state universities is not often free of charge – mostly for those students who show higher results at entrance exams. Approximately one-third of the students pay tuition fees. In private higher education institutions, all students have to pay for tuition.
General application requirements
A foreign citizen who wishes to apply for studies at Russian State University have to submit some or all of the following documents:
- Application form
- Higher secondary school completion certificate
- Medical certificate stating general health condition, X-ray (roentgenogram), X-Ray Description and HIV test results
- Page of Passport with your name and photo
- Scanned copy of bank transfer: Processing fees (to start the process of your admission for study in Russia).
After receiving the invitation letter, the student must contact the Embassy of the Russian Federation in his / her country in order to apply for the student’s visa. The following documents must be provided:
- Application form
- 3 photographs (3x4cm)
- Original invitation letter
- Medical health certificate
- HIV/AIDS test
- Certificate of Completed Higher Secondary Education
- Official bank documents (bank receipt) confirming full payment of tuition fees (for students coming to Russia for the first time).